Mastering the art of bread making can be challenging. These basic olive oil rolls are a good starting point for any bread beginner. Serve them as a pre-dinner snack or use them as the outer layer of a sandwich. These versatile rolls are simple, warming, and delicious.
|Ingredient||Baker’s %||Weight in Grams|
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Add flours and salt, using hands to combine ingredients until incorporated to a shaggy dough texture.
- Turn dough out onto a clean surface, kneading using the heel of your hand, keeping uniform tension while kneading. Knead until full gluten development or until dough as reached a smooth texture.
- Cover dough in plastic or damp towel. Let dough rest for 1 hour, desired dough temperature is between 75-80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After dough has bulk fermented, divide into 60-65 gram pieces and shape into rounds.
- Place rolls onto Sheet pan lined with parchment, spray the edges of pan with pan spray.
- Allow to proof one final time, for about 30 minutes or until dough passes “Finger Print Test.”
- Brush on egg wash or oil wash and sprinkle with seeds (optional).
- Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 201 degrees Fahrenheit.