|Mix||Baker’s %||Weight in Grams|
|High Gluten Flour||100||1250|
Preheat your oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large mixing bowl combine wet ingredients using water that is room temp to warm, but no warmer than 80 degrees Fahrenheit, also adding yeast and sugar, and salt.
- Next, slowly stir in flour using finger tips until flour begins to form into a solid ball. Let dough rest for 8-10 Minutes covered with plastic or a damp cloth, allowing the gluten to relax, making your job easier.
- After dough has rested continue to knead on surface until it forms a smooth ball.
Let Rise for 1 hour, covered in floured bowl, or on counter.
- Once dough has doubled in size, divide into 135g sized pieces.
- Pre-shape strands and let rest for 10 minutes, covering with cloth or plastic wrap to avoid dough drying.
- Once rested shape into Bagel and allow to proof on a pan floured with Cornmeal.
Boil and Bake
- Ensure that your oven should be preheated to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and bring water to a boil on stove while proofing.
- For crust texture, color and flavor add malt syrup approximately 3% water weight.
- Once bagel pass fingerprint test drop a bagel in to boiling water, allow to boil on both sides for 30-40 seconds.
- Remove from boiling water and place on sheet pan lined with parchment.
- After all bagels have been boiled you may decorate them with seeds as you see fit. Or toss bagel into seeds immediately after boiling for full coverage.