1 large pizza pie, serves 8
This section is in case you want any extra text throughout the recipe as and intro or a blurb. If you do not want to use this section then delete me. inspired by bon apetit
- 2 ½ tsp active dry yeast
- 12 oz warm water
- 2 Tbsp plus ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- Crushed red pepper flakes
1. Combine yeast and warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer; let stand until yeast becomes foamy, about 10 minutes.
2. To the mixer bowl, add in 2 Tbsp olive oil, salt and flour.
3. With the mixer on low speed, mix the the ingredients together until they create shaggy dough. Turn the mixer to medium and knead until soft, smooth, and elastic, about 10-12 minutes.
4. Lightly oil the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight, or up to 24 hours.
5. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with ½ cup oil. Gently stretch the dough with your fingertips until it reaches the edges of baking sheet. (If the dough won’t stretch or is difficult to work with, let it rest for a few minutes. You may need to let it rest more than once.)
6. Cover dough on baking sheet with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
7. Preheat oven to 525 degrees F (or as high as your oven will go). Once the dough has risen on baking sheet, top it with mozzarella, and dot it with tomato sauce, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Bake pie until golden brown and crisp on bottom and sides, 20–30 minutes.