One 9-inch cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking spice (Cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, ginger, allspice)
- 1 ½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch cake pan with olive oil and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking spice. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk to combine. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until the top is golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Stores well wrapped in the fridge for up to one week, and is amazing topped with whipped cream, salted caramel, and / or baked apples. Choose your own cake adventure!