A great texture addition to salads, in a granola, or eaten by the handful as a snack!
- 1 cup mix of sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, any seeds or nuts of similar size.
- a small pinch of salt, roughly ¼ tsp
- rimmed baking sheet
- heat-safe spatula
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Spread seed mixture on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake in the oven until the seeds smell toasty and just begin to brown. Check frequently after 10 minutes, and don’t stray far.
- Carefully pour into a bowl or platter to cool. Ceramic or porcelain work well to quickly reduce the temperature for crispier seeds.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week. Smell ‘em, if they start to smell plasticky, then the oils have gone rancid and they’re dog food.